Have you ever thought about including infrared sauna sessions in your weekly or daily beauty routine? If not, then read on to find out exactly how regular sauna bathing can provide significant beauty benefits. It’s a great way to induce a youthful glow!
How it works
As you heat up in the sauna, your body redirects blood from hot internal organs to the surface in an effort to cool down. This circulatory enhancement delivers much-needed nutrients and aids in the cellular renewal of the dermis layers. You can see this happening as a healthy flush spreads across your cheeks. Over time as skin cells turn over faster due to increased blood flow your skin will be visibly clearer and more even-toned.
Another benefit comes as your body gets hot and you start to sweat: toxins will be brought to the surface and released. Studies of the composition of sweat have shown it to contain many environmental toxins such as arsenic, cadmium, mercury, BPA, and phthalates. Removing these toxins will improve your overall health including your skin health. You will start to develop a healthy youthful glow! Don’t forget to shower right after your sauna to remove the sweat and any toxins present so they won’t be reabsorbed into your skin.
Tips for maximizing sauna benefits for skin
- Sauna bathe regularly: 3-5 times per week for 20 minutes per session will bring you optimal benefits.
- Exfoliate or dry brush your face and body before entering the sauna. This feels good and removing dead skin layers before sauna bathing will enhance the rejuvenating effects on your skin.
- Choose the right facial cleanser for your skin. A good cleanser will remove surface dirt, bacteria, sweat and makeup to prevent the pores from becoming blocked. Stay away from products that contain fragrances or alcohols, and look for “calming” ingredients like green tea polyphenols, chamomile, and aloe.
- Stay hydrated before, during and after your sauna session. You will lose a lot of water through sweat and evaporation, so be sure that you’re drinking enough to replace it. When you’re dehydrated, your skin is low on the list of where your body will send water, so keep your tank full.
- Immediately after your sauna break take a cold shower. Cold immersion after the sauna helps improve blood flow and cleanses your body of the sweat, sebum, and toxins released during the session. The cold temperature also shrinks pores and closes them, which protects against acne.
- After your shower make sure to use a hypoallergenic lotion to hydrate your skin. Choose a non-perfumed, non-dyed, all-natural lotion that is free of toxins and chemicals
There are many benefits to using an infrared sauna and beautiful skin is high on the list. Keep up a regular sauna routine to maximize your overall health and wellness and get your skin glowing with Vivid Health!
Leave a comment
Fill out the form below to be connected with a service provider in your area. You may also call 888-888-8888 for assistance.