Our family loves watermelon in the summer and we eat it a lot. It’s a common dessert at our house for barbecues and everyday dinners on the patio, and a great snack on hot days out by the pool. There are many health-promoting qualities to this juicy summer fruit, such as being a low-calorie source of the antioxidant lycopene as well as vitamins A and C. You can read more about all the benefits in our previous blog post here.
This recipe was made by a family member at the lake one summer and quickly became one of my favorite summer salads to make. I love the combination of the sweet watermelon with the savory onion and flavorful feta. If you’re lucky like me, you might have mint growing in your patio herb garden. The fresh mint adds a refreshing note to the salad that is surprising and exciting to your taste buds. If you love watermelon and cool salads during the dog days of summer, this recipe is for you!
Favorite Watermelon Salad
- 3 c Seedless Watermelon, cubed
- 1 Medium Cucumber, chopped
- 1 c Crumbled Feta
- 1/2 c Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c Mint, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 T Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt.
- In a serving bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumber, feta, red onion, and mint. Pour dressing over and combine.
- Serve immediately.